ASICS shoes have gained immense popularity among athletes and sneaker enthusiasts worldwide.
However, with their growing popularity, counterfeit versions have also emerged in the market.
To ensure you’re purchasing genuine ASICS shoes, it’s essential to know how to spot fake ones.
In this guide, I will share my personal tips and insights on identifying counterfeit ASICS shoes, allowing you to make informed purchasing decisions and protect yourself from counterfeit scams.
Heavier Insoles Indicate Fake ASICS Shoes
When examining a pair of ASICS shoes, the weight of the insoles can provide valuable insight into their authenticity.
Genuine ASICS shoes are known for their lightweight design and well-cushioned insoles, carefully engineered to provide optimal comfort and support during physical activities.
However, when dealing with fake ASICS shoes, the insoles may feel noticeably heavier or less comfortable due to the use of inferior materials or substandard craftsmanship.
While it’s important to consider multiple factors when spotting fake ASICS shoes, such as packaging, branding, craftsmanship, and materials, paying attention to the weight of the insoles can be an additional indicator.
Genuine ASICS shoes prioritize performance and comfort, and their insoles are designed to provide a responsive and supportive feel.
In contrast, counterfeit ASICS shoes often lack the attention to detail and quality construction found in authentic pairs.
Remember, spotting fake shoes requires a discerning eye and thorough examination.
If you suspect that a pair of ASICS shoes may be counterfeit, it’s advisable to compare them with genuine ASICS shoes or consult reliable sources to gain further insights.
You May Also Like – Unveiling the Price Tag: Why Are ASICS Shoes So Expensive?
Purchase from Authorized Retailers
One of the most effective ways to avoid fake ASICS shoes is to purchase them from authorized retailers.
Stick to reputable stores, either physical or online, that are authorized to sell ASICS footwear.
This way, you can be confident that you’re getting an authentic pair.
Examine the Packaging
Pay close attention to the packaging.
Genuine ASICS shoes typically come in high-quality packaging that includes a sturdy shoebox with consistent branding, including the ASICS logo, product details, and a barcode.
Counterfeit shoes often have flimsy or poorly printed packaging, inconsistent branding, or misspelled words.
Inspect the Logo and Branding
Authentic ASICS shoes have a distinct logo that is cleanly and accurately applied.
The ASICS logo consists of capital letters with no variations in font or size.
Look for any signs of poor stitching or uneven application of the logo, as these are indicators of fake shoes.
Check the Quality of Materials and Craftsmanship
ASICS is known for using high-quality materials and maintaining excellent craftsmanship in their shoe production.
Authentic ASICS shoes exhibit superior stitching, neat and precise detailing, and durable materials.
Counterfeit shoes may have loose threads, sloppy stitching, or inferior quality materials.
Compare the Design and Colorways
Familiarize yourself with the authentic designs and colorways of ASICS shoes by browsing the official ASICS website or reputable retailers.
Counterfeit shoes may feature variations in design or color schemes that differ from the genuine ones.
Look for inconsistencies or inaccuracies in design elements, patterns, or color combinations.
Verify the Tags and Labels
Authentic ASICS shoes come with properly attached tags and labels that display essential information, including the shoe model, size, and barcode.
Check for any signs of poor quality printing, spelling errors, or missing information on the tags.
Additionally, ensure that the size tag on the tongue of the shoe matches the size stated on the box.
Consider the Price
While price alone is not a foolproof indicator of authenticity, it’s worth noting that counterfeit shoes are often sold at significantly lower prices than genuine ASICS shoes.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it may be an indication of counterfeit merchandise.
Be cautious of unauthorized sellers or suspiciously low-priced listings.
When purchasing ASICS shoes, it’s crucial to be vigilant and ensure you’re buying authentic products.
By following the tips outlined in this guide, such as purchasing from authorized retailers, examining packaging and branding, inspecting materials and craftsmanship, comparing designs, verifying tags and labels, and considering the price, you can increase your chances of obtaining genuine ASICS shoes.
Remember, investing in authentic products not only ensures you’re getting the quality and performance you expect but also supports the brand’s innovation and commitment to athletes worldwide.
Also Read – How to spot fake brooks shoes
Tips for Avoiding Fake ASICS Shoes When Buying Online
When purchasing ASICS shoes online, it’s crucial to be vigilant and take certain precautions to avoid falling victim to counterfeit products.
Here are some tips based on my personal experience to help you make a safe and authentic purchase:
- Buy from Authorized Retailers: Stick to reputable online retailers and official ASICS websites to ensure the authenticity of the shoes. Authorized sellers have a direct partnership with ASICS and are more likely to sell genuine products.
- Check Seller Reviews and Ratings: Before making a purchase, read reviews and check the seller’s ratings. Look for positive feedback and verify if other customers have received authentic ASICS shoes from the same seller.
- Verify Seller Information: Take a moment to research the seller’s information, such as their contact details, location, and return policy. Legitimate sellers often provide clear and accurate information, while fake sellers may lack transparency.
- Compare Prices: If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is. Be cautious of heavily discounted ASICS shoes, as counterfeit sellers often lure buyers with unrealistically low prices. Compare prices across different platforms to ensure they are in line with the market value.
- Examine Product Photos: Thoroughly inspect the product photos provided by the seller. Look for any inconsistencies, such as variations in logos, color shades, or design details. Genuine sellers typically provide high-quality and detailed images.
- Request Proof of Authenticity: If you have any doubts about the authenticity of the shoes, don’t hesitate to ask the seller for additional information or proof of authenticity, such as the original receipt, packaging, or any accompanying documentation.
- Read Return and Refund Policies: Familiarize yourself with the seller’s return and refund policies. Legitimate sellers usually offer fair and transparent policies, allowing you to return or exchange the product if it turns out to be counterfeit.
Remember, it’s always better to be cautious and do thorough research before making an online purchase.
By following these tips, you can minimize the risk of buying fake ASICS shoes and ensure that you receive the genuine product you desire for your running or athletic needs.
Related Post – Asics Kayano 30 vs Asics GT 2000 11: Which is Best for You?